What is the purpose of a door? A doors’ only purpose is to make it possible for people to enter or exit a building, to be able to lock out certain elements and to let others in. According to the Urban Dictionary, “Doors are wonderful magical things that give you privacy but also open up a whole world for you.” But is that all a door is good for?
No, no, no. There are so many beautiful and cool ideas to use a door for. With this gorgeous warmer weather comes DIY season (or honey please quickly do… season). Let’s take a look at just a few of the projects you can do around the house with a door, a hammer, some nails and a gallon of paint.
- Build a table. You just need a door, 4 legs and a piece of glass (optional). Don’t stop at a dining room table, create coffee tables, side tables, buffets, bedside tables, desks, work benches and on and on.
- Create a beverage station
- Build a bookcase / display rack
- Hall / mudroom organizer
- Picture frame
- Clock - Just buy your clock parts, paint the doors, drill a hole through the door to fit the working parts and PRESTO, your own custom clock.
- Floor mirror
- Organizational chalk board
- Outdoor swing / bench
- Sitting area or “secret gardens”
- Arch or arbor
- Outdoor potting bench
- Planting boxes
Don’t let basic function get in the way of your imagination! If you can imagine it, you can probably build it with a door. Wholesale Expo has a huge variety of doors and interior slab doors start at only $15! Stop by the warehouse to see what we have and get your summer DIY on!
Share this post